26 February 2016

Title: Title: Night Study (Soulfinders #2)
Author: Maria V. Snyder
Publisher: Harlequin UK/ Mira Ink
From: e-ARC from Netgalley
Format: eBook, 400 pages, 26th February 2016
Add to: Goodreads
Order a copy: Amazon, Barnes and Noble, The Book Depository, Amazon UK

Synopsis: Ever since being kidnapped from the Illiais Jungle as a child, Yelena Zaltana's has been fraught with peril. But the recent loss of her Soulfinding abilities has endangered her more than ever before. As she desperately searches for a way to reclaim her magic, her enemies are closing in, and neither Ixia nor Sitia are safe for her anymore. Especially since the growing discord between the two countries and the possibility of a war threatens everything Yelena holds dear.

Valek is determined to protect Yelena, but he's quickly running out of options. The Commander suspects that his loyalties are divided, and he's been keeping secrets from Valek...secrets that put him, Yelena and all their friends in terrible danger. As they uncover the various layers of the Commander's mysterious plans, they realize it's far more sinister that they could have ever imagined.

Review: 5 stars - Contains spoilers for the earlier books in Snyder’s Chronicles of Ixia series.

“HOLY SNOW CATS!” could there be any more action in this book? I need Dawn Study NOW!!

Night Study continues from the cliff hanger where Shadow Study finished. At the same moment of utter happiness for two of my favourite characters, I was also filled with dread at what may happen.

With loyalties on the line and the existing tension between Ixia and Sitia even more stretched, it’s down to our trusted band of beloved characters to save the day again.

Yelena and Valek set off for Ixia after hearing some news of enemy assassination, needing to update the Commander. They leave behind Leif and Devlin to investigate Owen Moon’s curare growing operation.

Upon their arrival at the Commander’s castle, Valek has a meeting with the Commander himself. Learning that he now has restricted power over the lower ranking troops and all missions must be authorised by the Commander. Something seems out of place and where there was once trust between them; the relationship between Valek and the Commander is strained.

With trust proving an issue not only with the Commander but with assassin in training Onora and with unwelcome guests in the castle, Valek finds himself torn. Does he follow his orders or his heart?

With the characters separated on their own missions; will the enemy be able to divide and conquer or can our favourite group of soldiers and magicians once again triumph over evil?

The book is told between Valek, Yelena, Janco and Leif’s points of view, this is easy to follow and it’s good to know what is going on with each character as you read through the book.

Chapter 10 caused me to do a happy dance and squeal, I won’t say why but Snyder’s fans won’t be disappointed.

Night Study is a veritable treasure trove of adventure. You never know where the characters are going to get into trouble next.

A quick mention about the characters. The awesome foursome as I call them, are like friends, not literary characters in my mind.

Words cannot describe how much I love Ari and Janco. If it was possible to bring literary characters to life, these two would be top of my list. Strong, witty and with a caring side, Ari and Janco are like big brothers to Yelena. They will do anything in their power to keep her safe even if it does have a habit of landing them in jail.

I still don’t trust Onora, but it is the skill off Snyder that does this. You want to trust Onora, because she’s lined up to take Valek’s job, but secrets from the past lead us to the conclusion that not all is as it seems.

Another brilliant book from Maria V. Snyder that will immerse you in the world of Sitia and Ixia; so much so, that you don’t want Night study to end.

I need it to be 2017 already!!!

Recommended reading if you enjoyed Sarah J. Maas and Trudi Canavan.


Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love