23 December 2014

Title: Eyes Turned Skyward
Author: Rebecca Yarros
Publisher: Entangled Publishing, LLC - Embrace, 342 Pages (December 8th, 2014)
From: the Publisher
Format: eARC
Add to: Goodreads
Order a copy: Amazon, Barnes and Noble, The Book Depository, Amazon UK

NOTE: This is a "New Adult" novel. Due to mature content this title is recommended for ages 17+

Synopsis: Since her sister's death, twenty-year-old Paisley Donovan, who shares her sister’s heart condition, is treated like delicate glass by her parents. But nothing will stop her from completing her Bucket List—even if it kills her. And it almost does, until Jagger Bateman pulls her from the ocean and breathes more than air into her lungs—he sets her soul on fire.

Jagger is enrolled in the country's toughest flight school. He's wickedly hot, reckless, and perfect for a girl looking to live life to the fullest. Except that Paisley is the commanding general's daughter, and her boyfriend is Jagger's biggest rival. Now Paisley must decide just how much to risk for a guy who makes her heart pound a little too hard.

They're flying through dangerous territory—and one wrong move could make them crash and burn..

Review: 4.5 Stars – Eyes Turned Skyward is a wonderful contemporary title with two main characters filled with layers that readers will have a chance to watch peel away before their eyes as they learn about each other and themselves from an author that’s quickly become a favorite.

Paisley is a college student who wants to do nothing but live her life to the fullest. She has a heart condition that robbed her older sister from her and her family at a young age so Paisley wants to live her life to the fullest and to not take a day for granted. She has over baring parents and choices to make for her health that differ from that of what her parents want. She has a boyfriend who she’s known just about her whole life and is as protective of her as her parents are… and for good reason too.

And then we have Jagger, who’s extremely cocky and takes flight school extremely serious. He has a reckless past yet knows he has to move past that to make sure he’s able to stay on track to make his dream of flying an Apache come true. So when a chance encounter puts him into Paisley’s life things are about to change for both of these characters.

The thing about the books from Yarro’s is that her writing is just so easy to read and makes the story come alive before your eyes. She takes her characters on a rollercoaster ride filled with emotions that then transfer to the reader to make sure everyone is left feeling as they’re a part of something more. Maybe it’s the fact that her characters are always going through something so much bigger than themselves, or maybe it’s to do with the growth her characters, or it’s the combo of it all, but Yarros has a great receipt for the full package.

I loved the struggles Paisley and Jagger faced and the twists that I didn’t see coming that added so much more to the story. It gave me some pretty big “ah ha” moments at the reveals that I couldn’t help but understand these two more.

And let’s not forget the crazy, hot magnetic pull these two characters have! Yarro’s knows how to build the heat… wow!

This was without a doubt another title that has me yet again hooked on this author and her characters. I can’t wait to read more from her on into the future. She’s an author and voice that shouldn’t be passed by. I highly recommend this title and her first book – Full Measures. And now… Yarro’s, I’m ready for the next book so get your fingers dancing over those keys! Enjoy!

Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love