14 May 2013

Title: Click To Subscribe
Author: L.M. Augustine
Publisher: May 9th, 2013
Add to: Goodreads

Synopsis: 135,789. That’s how many subscribers sixteen-year-old West Ryder has on his web vlog series. But he only has eyes for one of them.

As one of the internet’s most prestigious video bloggers, West talks about high school relationships under the name “Sam Green.” As far as he knows, no one from school, not even his best friend, Cat, has seen his videos. But the highlight of the whole thing is Harper Knight, who comments every day at exactly 2:02 in the afternoon. He doesn't know anything about her aside from the occasional deep philosophical messaging on why pizza tastes so delicious, but as stupid as it sounds, he might be falling for her. So when they finally agree to meet in real life, West’s hope for romance seems more and more in reach. But that all changes as soon as he arrives at their meeting spot and sees Cat walking toward him, wearing the same “I <3 Sam Green” T-shirt Harper promised she'd have on.

To his alarm, West realizes he is falling in love with the best friend who has always been a sister to him.

Guest Post:

First off, thanks so much to Lisa for having me on her blog! I’m so excited to be here! Since my main character in Click To Subscribe has a popular vlog, she had the great idea for me to write a guest post in the style of that vlog, so I did.

To give background: in the beginning of the book, you meet West, who vlogs under the pseudonym Sam Green, and immediately you learn that he’s done probably the most inconvenient thing ever: he’s fallen in love with a girl, Harper, over the internet. I mean, he doesn't know anything about her aside from her comments on his vlog and some rather epic emails about pizza written in haiku, but as stupid as it sounds, he feels like… he needs her. Like they were meant to find each other.

So, he creates the below video equivalent of a love letter and sends it to Harper. (Just a note that this love letter vlog does not actually appear in the book. It’s an outtake, almost. If it was in the book, though, it would be in chapter one, so it’s 100% non-spoilery.)

***

Before I turn on my camera, I follow the same ritual that I always do before filming my vlogs. I sit down at my desk and face the screen, tapping my fingers against my thigh and waiting. I take a deep breath, then close my eyes for the longest time. I picture Mom again. I picture her laugh, her smile, the way she would do an entirely awful rendition of the disco whenever she beat me in FIFA. I miss her. I miss her more than anything. I miss her like I always do when I’m filming, because this camera is the only one I have left to feel close to her again.

I turn around. The rest of bedroom is small and narrow, with nothing else but fading green-painted walls and my too-small bed behind me. Sunlight streams in through my window, warming my back, and I feel oddly… peaceful.

After the longest time, I open my eyes, reach out, click play, and begin.

“Dear Harper,” I say into my camera. Yesterday, she dared me to email her a personalized love letter vlog. She didn't seem to think I would actually do it, of course, and so naturally it was for that very that I accepted. “It has come to my attention that my wooing has finally paid off and you have fallen for me,” I continue. It feels so good to physically talk to her—even if I’m the only side of the conversation. “As your wonderful knight in shining armor, I must say, I am not surprised. My immense charm, dazzling good looks, gorgeous lashes, and everything else about me, is pretty much irresistible. Not only that, but I also have excellent hair.” I suppress a smile. I always do that when I think about her. “Point being, I can’t blame you for thinking I’m wonderful (and entirely kissable.) It’s only the natural reaction when a girl sees me.” 

I pause. I lean into the camera, lowering my voice a little, as if I’m about to tell her something I can barely even admit to myself. Spoiler: I am. “But, that’s not the point of this video, is it? You are the point of this video, Harper. You… you are the point of so many things in my life nowadays.” I sigh. “You know how your YouTube avatar is a picture of a cow riding a bicycle while simultaneously eating pizza? That image just proves that we were meant to be. I never thought anyone could be dorkier than I am. I was wrong, though, and I’m so glad I was.” I swallow hard, knowing what to say but not knowing how to say it. “I don’t think anyone else on the planet knows as much Harry Potter trivia as you do, and I’m sure as hell that no one is as obsessed with cows operating vehicles as you. Though I admit, it would be pretty badass to see a cow driving a Honda…” 

 “The point is, Harper, I met you over the internet and somehow, you've got me falling for you. Hard.” Then, I lower my voice to a whisper. “So, as the pizza said to the soda: I need you in my life.”

Without another word, I turn off the camera, email Harper the video, lean back in my chair, and realize just how much I mean it.



About this author:

L.M. Augustine is a YA romance author who is obsessed with writing about dorky teenagers, love, and happy endings. He currently lives in New England, where he spends far too much time reading books and screaming at his computer, and he believes that the solution to the world’s problems can be found in chocolate cake. Click To Subscribe is his first novel, but it won’t be his last.

Find L.M. Online:

Website/Blog | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads

L.M., thanks for stopping by and I LOVED the guest post!! Came out perfect! Can't wait to read Click to Subscribe. Thanks for everything!

Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love